Thursday, April 2, 2009
In Indonesia Jardiknas is a massive infrastructure specially built as an intranet connection.
The development of this infrastructure started in early 2007 and estimated to finish in 2009.
Technology: MPLS, VPN-IP and VSAT-IP
Acess : Teresterial (wireline, wireless) and Satellite
This network will covers:
• Official Zone
• Higher Level Education Zone (INHERENT)
• Lower Level Education Zone
• Personal and Community Zone
In order to carry this mission, the Department of Education Republic of Indonesia will be performing a large scale training for 1.9 million teachers and officers who will be in charge of the network.
- Jardiknas connect all Provincial and Regency/Kabupaten office of Education Administration and Schools and Universities throughout Indonesia
- The aim of Jardiknas is to facilitate and optimize data and information flow and learning resources among education institution.
- Jardiknas also help information and data flow in a transparent, efficient, and effective way.
- Jardiknas also help decision support system for the Ministry of Education and the office at Provincial and Regency/Kabupaten level.
- Giri S Hadihardjono, The National Council for Information and Communication Technology - Asia Africa Open Source Conference, Jakarta, 18-19 November, 2008